Prayer
The Nature of Prayer
Prayer is necessary for Christian life, but
sometimes, it is difficult to find the motivation to pray. Despite the value of
prayer in the life of the Christian, it can easily become the first thing we
discard when we need it most.
1
“If
my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my
face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will
forgive their sin and heal their land.”
-
2 Chronicles 7:14
2
“Then
you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.”
-
Jeremiah 29:12
3
“Call
to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you
have not known.”
-
Jeremiah 33:3
4
“Again
I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be
done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my
name, there am I among them.”
-
Matthew 18:19-20
5
“And
whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
-
Matthew 21:22
6
“And
I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock,
and it will be opened to you.”
-
Luke 11:9
7
“Whatever
you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the
Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.”
-
John 14:13-14
8
“First
of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and
thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high
positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in
every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who
desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
-
1 Timothy 2:1-4
9
“Let
us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive
mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
-
Hebrews 4:16
10
“And
this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything
according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever
we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.”
-
1 John 5:14-15
11
“And
whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do
what pleases him.”
-
1 John 3:22

Comments