Prayer - The Purpose of Prayer

 

Prayer

The Purpose of Prayer 

1

We are assured that God hears them and acts on them. But his actions may not be what we expected, desired, or wished. However, we are assured that God’s answers to our prayers—some more obvious than others—are always the right course of action and for our good

Romans 8:28

 

2

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’ For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day.’”

Psalm 91:1-4

 

3

“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! ‘May they be secure who love you!’”

Psalm 122:6

 

4

“And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘They are my people’; and they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.”

Zechariah 13:9

 

5

“Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Matthew 26:41

 

6

“And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.”

Luke 18:1

 

7

“I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”

Romans 12:1-2

 

8

“Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints.”

Ephesians 6:18

 

9

“Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.”

James 5:14